Conditions of Contract
1. Steel City Shine provides a full range of domestic and small office cleaning services. The term “cleaning” does not include the removal of oil, paint, varnishes or other such substances or the cleaning of carpets (other than vacuuming).
2. Steel City Shine has a 2.0 hour minimum service period and will provide the Client with an estimate before work commences. Any quotes provided by the Steel City Shine, including any description of jobs to be performed, are estimates only and do not represent a guarantee of work to be performed during the contracted hours. The ability of Steel City Shine to complete the quoted tasks for each service may vary depending on the state of the property, the additional cleaning required or any other factor outside of Steel City Shine’s control.
3. Unless specifically directed otherwise, Steel City Shine will only perform the services during the agreed contracted hours. If the amount of time needed to provide the services differs significantly from the initial estimate, then an adjustment to the price will be necessary. From time to time, the Client may request that Steel City Shine perform additional work in excess of the agreed hours and in such circumstances, Steel City Shine will invoice the Client for any additional hours worked. If the conditions in the Client’s home change (i.e., a new pet or additional household members), it may be necessary to revise the service charge.
4. In addition to the general cleaning services, Steel City Shine can provide the Client with add-on services such ironing, interior window cleaning, cleaning the inside of the oven etc. Such services must be requested in advance and additional fees may be incurred when such services are requested.
5. At the specific request of the Client, Steel City Shine can arrange for a carpet cleaning service to be provided, although Steel City Shine takes no responsibility for those services provided.
6. Steel City Shine shall not be liable for failure to carry out work if prevented from doing so as a result of any circumstances beyond Steel City Shine’s control. The Client will not be charged for any work not actually undertaken by Steel City Shine in such circumstances.
7. All work performed by Steel City Shine under this Agreement will be invoiced to the Client based on the number of hours worked and not on any other basis. Steel City Shine will agree with the Client the number of hours that will be worked and will invoice the Client in accordance with that agreement.
8. Steel City Shine’s charges will be invoiced weekly (unless otherwise agreed) and invoices are required to be paid within 48 hours of invoicing or on the day, after completion of work if paying by cash. In the event of any payment not being received, Steel City Shine reserves the right to add compound interest at 3% per week to the overdue sum.
9. Payment methods for the charges can be made by bank transfer or cash direct to Steel City Shine. We do not accept cheque payments.
10. Steel City Shine reserves the right to re-evaluate its charges at any time to allow for business related costs referred to above and shall give the Client 14 days advance notice of any changes.
Access to Property
11. In order to enable the Steel City Shine to undertake the services, the Client agrees to give to Steel City Shine a key and/or details of any relevant access codes. If the Client has an alarm and if a code is not provided to us, it is expected that the alarm will be turned off on the days that the services are to be provided. If keys are not available then it is the client responsibility to ensure Steel City Shine is provided access on the day.
12. Steel City Shine agrees to keep any details of keys and access codes strictly confidential and take all reasonable steps to ensure the security of any physical keys and access codes. Steel City Shine accepts no liability of any nature for any losses that may arise from the Client’s provision of any key and/or access details and the Client hereby indemnifies us in respect of any losses that may be sustained as a result, howsoever caused.
13. If Steel City Shine is prevented from gaining access to the Client’s property to carry out work as arranged, the time lost to Steel City Shine shall be considered to be 1 hour per employee involved and Steel City Shine reserves the right to invoice the Client accordingly.
Breakage/Damage and Rectification
14. If the Client has a concern regarding the quality of the service provided, he or she is obliged to immediately raise that concern and in any event no later than 24 hours of the service being provided. If the concern is justified, Steel City Shine will arrange for the re-cleaning or rectification of the area under dispute for no additional charge. The Client will remain liable to pay for hours worked by Steel City Shine providing the initial services (other than those hours spent rectifying the concern) and no refund will be offered by Steel City Shine.
15. Steel City Shine is insured, however it shall not be liable for any loss, damage, or injury arising from the breaking or disintegration during cleaning by Steel City Shine servants or agents of any cracked, defective or broken parts of the property of the Client nor will Steel City Shine be liable for any loss, damage or injury arising from the general wear and tear resulting from the cleaning by Steel City Shine servants or agents. Steel City Shine expects the Client to secure and/or move any items of either extreme monetary or sentimental value and assumes that all surfaces are sealed and ready to be cleaned without causing harm.
16. Where Steel City Shine is liable to compensate for damaged items, such compensation will be limited to the actual value of the item at the time of breakage and not the cost of a replacement item, the whole in accordance with the principles applied by its insurer. For the avoidance of any doubt, the obligation of rectification and/or replacement is limited only to the actual item or area damaged and not to replacement or rectification of an entire set or workspace.
17. In the event that Steel City Shine provides ironing services to a Client, the Client is expected to provide us with an ironing board and iron in good working order. Steel City Shine shall not be liable for any damage caused to items of clothing caused by a defective ironing board or iron nor will Steel City Shine undertake or be responsible for any haberdashery services in respect of any items submitted for ironing.
Cancellation and Changes
18. It is a condition of this Agreement that the Client provides a minimum of 24 hours notice to make a cancellation of work as arranged. In the event that less than 24 hours notice is given, the time lost to Steel City Shine shall be considered to be one hour per employee involved and Steel City Shine reserves the right to invoice the Client accordingly.
Obligations of the Client
19. The Client shall provide, free of charge, all necessary electricity, hot water and other facilities, which may be required to enable Steel City Shine to carry out the work. All fragile, breakable and/or high value (whether sentimental or expense) items must be secured or removed before each service is provided by Steel City Shine and Steel City Shine takes no responsibility for any damage caused to such items.
20. Steel City Shine uses its own cleaning products and tools and trains it’s cleaners in the use of those products and tools. If the Client requests we use the Client’s cleaning products or tools, Steel City Shine will not accept liability for any loss or damage arising out of Steel City Shine’s use of those products or tools in providing the cleaning services.
21. If the Client is not completely satisfied with the services provided, it must inform Steel City Shine immediately (and in any event no later than 24 hours after the services were undertaken). Failure to do so will result in Steel City Shine having no obligation of rectification or replacement subject always to the damage being attributable to the actions of Steel City Shine.
22. No claim against Steel City Shine in respect of alleged negligence of Steel City Shine, its servants or agents, or any alleged defect in Steel City Shine’s plant, machinery or materials or in respect of any other matter shall be valid unless notice in writing thereof is received by Steel City Shine at its Registered Office within 7 days after the happening of the event giving rise to the claim. Unless notified otherwise, any claim will be referred directly to Steel City Shine’s insurer for assessment.
23. Steel City Shine is fully insured in respect of Public Liability; certificate of insurance will be provided upon request or can be downloaded from our website: steelcityshine.com
Confidentiality and Data Processing
24. Steel City Shine recognises that this Agreement creates a confidential relationship between Steel City Shine and the Client and that information relating to the Client’s affairs may become known Steel City Shine and/or its staff members during the term of this Agreement. Steel City Shine agrees to, and to ensure its staff members agree to, keep confidential any personal data regarding the affairs of the Client and not to disclose such information to any other person except as described in the Privacy Notice set out below or as otherwise required by law.
25. The Client recognises that Steel City Shine may be required to collect and process personal data relevant to the Client and hereby agrees to the collection and processing of any personal data for the purposes of administering Steel City Shine’s obligations under this Agreement and as described in the Privacy Notice set out below. For the purposes of clauses 24 and 25, the terms “process” and “personal data” have the meanings given to them by the Data Protection Act 1998.
26. The engagement of Steel City Shine under this Agreement shall continue unless and until determined by not less than 14 days’ notice in writing given by either party to the other.
Steel City Shine (referred to in the above Conditions of Contract, and “we”, “us” and “our” below) is committed to protecting the privacy of all the individuals we deal with and will treat your information confidentially in accordance with this Privacy Notice. Please read this Privacy Notice carefully.
Who we are:
Steel City Shine is a family owned business and is based in Sheffield. We are responsible for protecting the personal information you provide to us when you use our services. If you have any questions about how we use your personal information, or wish to access, update or request that we delete your personal information, please contact us using the details provided below.
What personal information we collect and why:
The personal information we collect from you includes your name and contact details. It will also include information about the transactions you undertake with us. No card details are every stored. We collect this information when you contact us, and when we provide you with our services. The personal information we collect is used to administer our records and to provide you with our services.
Please note that we enter the personal information you give to us onto a database (the “Steel City Shine” database). This enables us to keep an electronic record of your details, to have ready access to your information, to efficiently provide you with our services and to comply with any statutory, regulatory or reporting obligations to which we are subject. The personal information we enter into the Steel City Shine Cleaning database is also used for direct marketing purposes (this is explained below), and to enable Steel City Shine to generate anonymous statistics about the use of our services and to comply with any statutory, regulatory or reporting obligations to which it is subject.
In accordance with your marketing preferences, we may use your personal information to contact you by post, phone or e-mail with information about our services. If you would like to change your marketing preferences (for example, to stop receiving information about our services), you can contact us at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org
Who may access your personal information?
Only Steel City Shine staff members can access your personal information. This information will never be passed to a third party.
You have the right to access, correct and update the personal information we hold about you. You can exercise any of these rights by contacting us using the details provided at the outset of the Privacy Notice.